Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Featured on Green Wedding Shoes! | ngoc & albert - styled anniversary shoot

Up Up and Away! 


This theme was more than fitting for the adventure that I was so lucky to be a part of. A few months ago, Ngoc & Albert had asked me to style their anniversary shoot. I was so excited, especially when they informed me that it was going to be on a hot air balloon! I had never been on one, so a nervous-excitement began to fill my belly. This was a shoot that was going to be one for the books (literally)... one that I will never forget.

The talented Caroline Tran, who shot their wedding, was there to capture their adventure through her lens. You should read about her recap on how she shot with a broken light meter ::HERE::! She's so talented. The images came out so beautiful and dreamy. Check out her entire recap ::HERE::


So now for the details...
I learned through one of our conversations, that Ngoc and I share a love of children's books and that Ngoc and Albert had referred to themselves as "two kids playing dress up" on their wedding day. So I thought it was only fitting that they became the characters of their own book! I commissioned the talented Jen Simpson, of Jen Simpson Designs to illustrate a short story I wrote of their larger than life adventure. With her whimsical style and my vision for the book... magic happened!



Also, being that this was going to be their One Year Anniversary, I wanted to incorporate paper as much as possible. From the paper flower-fans, paper flags, their "1cent to fly" ticket, all the way to their book... I had a plan to celebrate their anniversary with joy, love and lots of paper! After getting to know the couple a little more, I realized that this random adventure was definitely something they hadn't done before either. In fact they were scared of heights too! Crazy right?? Ha! Nope. I thought it was so romantic :)



(excerpt from the book)

"Are you gonna look? asked Ngoc.  
"Are YOU gonna look?" asked Albert. 
The two sat for a moment and Albert leaned over and 
whispered to Ngoc,  "We'll do it together...". 
With that the two stood up and looked over the 
edge of the basket just to realize what they have been missing...

The beauty of the world was in front of them! 
It was at that moment they both realized that together, 
they can overcome anything - even one of their greatest fears. 




I have to say that this is one of my favorite shoots this year. From concept to reality- pulling together their outfits, the props, and working with such an amazing team and couple, I am more than ecstatic with how the shoot turned out. By the way, in case you missed it, this shoot was featured on Green Wedding Shoes! Yipee!




When I style a shoot, whether it's an engagement shoot, a maternity shoot, or even an anniversary shoot... I feel so privileged to tell my client's story. Things don't always come across through words, but these images (illustrations + photos) will tell their love story forever.

The book and story (as well as this post) is dedicated to Albert and Ngoc
Happy One Year Anniversary! (9/4/11) 
May you always be kids playing dress up. 
Photographer: Caroline Tran





Photo Styling/Design: Wilmarose of Lovely Jubilee
Makeup & Hair: Margaret Wang
Book Design & Illustration: Jen Simpson Design


No comments:

Post a Comment