Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Happy Birthday to Lovely Jubilee!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO LOVELY JUBILEE!


One year ago (yesterday 3/12) I launched Lovely Jubilee. Can you believe it's already been a year?!?! It's been a whirlwind of a year and I learned so much about myself and this business. And I relish in the fact that the ride has only just begun :) I've met some amazing people this past year... people who have become like family to me and have played major roles in shaping Lovely Jubilee into the company it is today.  I just want to say thank you to everyone that has had a hand in shedding light on this dream of mine!

After reflecting a bit, I've realized that this little dream I had a little over a year ago, is now a full blown reality! Don't get me wrong... I haven't "made it" yet - but in my eyes... I am more than satisfied with where we are today. Who knows when to say a company has "made it". I guess maybe if I ever make it into Martha Stewart, then maybe I'll give in and say it - hey, I've got big dreams :) But right now I just SO thankful and humbled by the fact that I have made it a year and have grown immensely as a company and as a person. Lovely Jubilee is definitely not the same company it was last year. It has become more focused and has a clearer vision on where it's going to be.... keep on a look out for a bit of some refreshing and refocusing on here and the site ;)

Its a bit ironic that I've ended my 1st year and and began my 2nd year in business with some ladies that have become amazing friends  (that I literally met a little over a year ago!).  It's funny how things turn full circle.

Last Wednesday on February 29, 2012 I celebrated Leap Year with Lucia & Henny from Utterly Engaged by throwing and amazing party filled with a Design Challenge, a jumping photobooth, a wall that dared you to 'leap'.... and just overall a fun and energy filled night! I promise... pictures to follow :) but here's one that just makes me smile everytime!
I love these girls!! How can you not smile?? haha. Keep an eye out for the next issue of Utterly Engaged for a full recap on this event AND for the reveal of the winner of this years Design Challenge!!

And now, on the 1st day of my 2nd year I'm prepping for Propel! 

Propel is a workshop hosted and curated by Caroline Tran & produced by Ngoc Nguyen Lay of Skybox Event Productions - I love working with these ladies! Taking place this Thursday at the beautiful Langham Huntington Pasadena. This workshop sold out in the first few weeks of registration! And yours truly has been brought on as the event designer and stylist for all the shenanigans that will be taking place that day... I don't want to reveal too much - but lets just say I might need to put on some roller skates as there's going to be a lot of clicking all over the place!

So.... a long post short -I want to share my goals for my 2nd year in business:
1. Get better at follow up. I get so excited and passionate about what I do sometimes, that following up sometimes slips through the cracks.
2. Attain better balance. As any business owner knows... it's not always easy to just turn work off- especially when you love what you do. But I also love my family and friends that much more and would love to spend more time with them.
3. Take over the world! Hahaha jk... I just want to take 2012 by the horns and make a bigger impression on it than I did in 2011 :)

Keep an eye out for some over due blogs that will review some work that have recently received some attention, and for upcoming projects that I want to tell you ALL about! In the mean time.. follow me on twitter (@lovelyjubilee) to get some sneak peeks!

Have an amazing day! And thank YOU for all of your support :)





4 comments:

  1. Awww! *tear Happy Birth DAY to you!! So proud of you. I still have that you emailed me wanting to work with us. And look how far you've gone. WOW! So so so so proud of you. We love you!! Jumping high in 2012!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear!! Crazy how one little message changed both of our worlds :) I am so thankful for you and henny!!! xoxo

      Delete